Afternoon! I’m back with another recipe…well, this isn’t really a recipe, but it’s more so showing you a quick way to whip up some hushpuppies!
Now, this isn’t a healthy addition to a meal or snack, but it’s definitely something you can add to your menu for your next cookout (since we still have a few more weeks of Summer left) to dinner, or an appetizer. You all loved my latest recipe post on my famous oven fried wings, so it inspired me to come back with more flavor! Hushpuppies are one of those things we like with our fried fish or chicken when we eat out, but now you can make it at home without the extra steps, and you can save yourself some money doing it my way.
When I make hushpuppies I prefer to use House Autry’s version of it because it’s easy, they taste AMAZING, you just need the mix and water…and of course hot grease, or your oven, yes, you can make hushpuppies in the oven! I’ll save that for another time.
House Autry Hushpuppies
Prep Time: 8 minutes Cook Time: 3 mins approx
-House Autry Hushpuppy mix
-Vegetable Oil or EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
-Deep Fryer or Pan
1. Preheat deep fryer to 325 degrees, remove your fry basket and set it to the side
2. I rarely use a measuring cup, I like to take risks…add your House Autry Hushpuppy mix to a bowl, add water (read measuring details on the back of your package)
3. Once your mix is smooth, and your deep fryer is hot enough, take your spoon and drop your hushpuppy mix into the fryer
4. After about 2-3 minutes, you can remove your hushpuppies from the grease
5. Set them on a plate with paper towel to drain the oil
6. Let those puppies cool, and enjoy!
I remember tasting my first hushpuppy as a kid. It was at Arthurs Treachers in Greenbelt Mall…I would get chicken and chips (aka fries), and my two hushpuppies that would come with the meal. I like my hushpuppies with ketchup and honey mustard. Do you have any favorite sauces you like to dip yours in?
I will be hosting a giveaway with House Autry soon, and would love for you all to participate so I can share some of this goodness with you in your kitchen. You can pick up the full line of House Autry at your local grocery store, Walmart, or online at House Autry.
This post was sponsored by House Autry.