Hey Girls! We’re officially in full holiday season, Thanksgiving is literally weeks away, Christmas, then New Years, then the resolutions…you know how that goes. Today, I wanted to talk getting your home holiday ready. You’re probably thinking in terms of red glittery ribbon everywhere, faux snow tricking down on your fireplace, or the quirky holiday rugs…not here! Make sure you read to the end because I have a special treat for 10 of our readers, exclusively with Richie Madison Interiors!
What Can I Do to Get My Home Holiday Ready?
- Swap the Island Breeze candle for Cinnamon Swirl, or Pumpkin Spice
- Make space for heavy coats and boots. Get yourself a coat rack fitting with your decor
- Add faux fur throws. Faux fur creates that instant warm welcoming feel. For those Saturday movie nights, snuggle under your throw
- Create your table scape. It can be as simple as adding a statement piece runner, a few candle holders, and a centerpiece. It can also be as intricate as dresing your table with formal dinnerware and your most luxurious and grand flatware.
- Make space for your Christmas tree. Whether you have a bay window, or an area that can easily be transitioned to host your tree, make it happen!
- Declutter your home! Especially is family is coming over. Take this opportunity to get rid of things that are past it’s prime, and unnecessary to hold onto
- Stock up on wine. I’m not a drinker, nor social drinker of any kind, but what’s a night without a nice glass of red wine under your Richie Madison faux fur throw?
- Replace filters. You may think this is totally out of the ordinary, but it’s not. If you’re a homeowner, you must be sure your filters are replaced. Filters should be replaced every 3 months.
Richie Madison Interiors, xo